Close Up.. but 'not quite macro'.

That's a new approach to painting with light! Interesting image Ken thanks for posting.

My mentor (a 'wise old man) used to claim...

(A) When the 'needs must' the Devil drives
(B) Use what you have... and you will never "want"

It seemed to have worked for him and I'm (still ) less than 'reluctant' to accept
and follow advice from my wiser and more experienced elders.

Ken

Hinge.jpg

This forgotten negative was just 're-found' during a recent darkroom 'tidy-up.

4x5 Ilford FP4 (behind my 240mm lens) in PyrocatHD in BTZS tubes and given rotary development for my 'normal' time

It is the bottom hinge on an OLD farm-yard shed door. This quick repair kind of "matched' a similar one for the 'top hinge'
I remember thinking about "how long' until the whole shed might collapse during a strong Chinook wind coming over the Rocky Mountains and across the much 'flatter' land here on the east side of the mountains

A simple case of 'use what you have to hand...and you will never want". The top hinge was a little too high for me to photograph ..even using a 'rise' on the front standard due to a bit of a 'ground slope' and I had nothing to stand on

I was (and I'm still am not convinced) either "fix-it.. quick" were a in well-done "professional" repair... or of 'how long they may 'survive'.

Ken

Last edited:
MotherNature.jpg

While out walking the dog around the park this morning I came across some re-frozen "melt" on the path, which I thought might be worth recording to a sheet of film so we sped up the pace and returned with but one film holder and one unexposed sheet of FP4, the Linhof and tripod. meter for placing white with texture on ZVIII + 1/3.

As I was 'framing' I had that 'funny feeling of being 'watched' and after making that one exposure turned my head to find my 'feelings' were RIGHT_ON'.. two young deer had taken some interest in my activity, so after making the exposure I gently took my iPhone out of my pocket and slowly turned around, and took a quickie 'snap-shot' On returning home I got to 'work' and had a hard time awaiting the film to be 'dry enough' to scan (If anyone feels the need of seeing the Q&D jpg file of the curious 'twins' let me know' and I'll forward ASAP.

Ken

Finding what 'might' make a good image requires one 'to keep your eyes open'.. stop. look , think.. and then 'do'.. hoping that
what you 'think you see' might be worth recording to film..
I can but wish I might have been able to turn the camera around focus.. and turn the film-holder 'around' cock the shutter to 'make use' of the 'un- exposed sheet.. but In this case I was 'somewhat' afraid that they might 'take objection' and 'take-off without signing the model release

This is what I 'got' with my iPhone.. now entitled "The Curious Couple"... (my warped 'sense of humour' coming into play somewhat too early in the morning

Ken

IMG_1523.JPG

I'm glad, and the deer too I reckon, that you are an expat Scot and naturalised Canadian with cameras Ken, not some trigger-happy, Second Amendment loving fanatic from south of the border who would as likely whipped out a weapon and shot them both dead in the name of their Constitutional rights. :mad:

Mods: Please remove if inappropriate

it#2.jpg

One more Close-up (but NOT quite Macro) to 'puzzle the mind' that 'She Who Must Be Obeyed" indicated that it was 'something of an 'eye' teaser. With out mentioning the subject, I'm more than willing to accept a 'title' without naming the subject matter

Ten thousand 'Kudos' to the 'first' viewer to provide a true and honest answer and 'identifying' the subject.

Ken

Like the dynamism of the lines in this image. My guess is that it is a cut red cabbage.

Like the dynamism of the lines in this image. My guess is that it is a cut red cabbage.

Bill.. You have the 'cabbage' right but it was NOT a "Red cabbage' Just the more common 'Green' that was being made ready for 'shredding' by She Who Must be Obeyed

My 'eye was drawn first to the 'encircling shapes' and decided it might be an 'interesting composition' worth submitting as more of a
'visual puzzle' than a 'piece of "art' but you managed to 'catch me out'

Well done Bill. How might you prefer to receive your Kudo 'award' (as written .. oops .. by the two 'fore fingers' hunt and peck
award

Ken :cool:

Back