Pre-Raphaelite fine art? (nsfw)

Irv_b

pre raph 1.jpg
I had a studio session based on the pre-raphaelite paintings with Linhof 5x4 and some slide film. I shot 10 exposures while the digital guys shot over a hundred on avg. Developed by Peak Imaging as I'm not brave enough to do E6

Well done. It's good to see some different subject matter on the forum.
(I'm afraid I don't understand 'nsfw'. Probably missed something due to lockdown.)

NSFW. adjective. abbreviation for not safe for work: used when sharing internet material that should only be looked at in private because it contains some things, for example pictures of naked people, that could be offensive: Warning: many links in this post are NSFW.

Irv, one think IvoryFlame :D Well done.

Not sure about the scan seems rather flat, which won't be the film.

Ian

Yes it is Ivory Flame (Holly) and what a great model she is. I have shot her on some other occasions on medium format.
I agree about the scan but when my hard drive went not long ago so did the version of Lightroom I had and I am trying to get to grips with Darktable but it's not so intuitive or good.
Does anyone pay for Lightroom/Photoshop monthly and is it worth it for the occasional times and limited functions I would use?

Why not look at Affinity Photo? You can try it free and after that it's not expensive and you don't have to pay ransom money.

Darktable but it's not so intuitive or good.
I've never been able to get the hang of DarkTable either. I find RawTherapee much more comfortable (then gimp if I need to get rid of dust).

Thanks guys for the suggestions, I will try them out

For years (since 2004) I've used Paintshop Pro Version 9, the company was bought by Corel, at last there's a new version I like Paintshop Pro 2021 which I bought around 2 weeks ago.

I've also used Corel Draw since version 3 in the mid 1990's which come with PhotoPaint, this gives me the opportunity to get special offers and upgrades at very reasonable prices. I've found After Shot 3 Pro is excellent (for RAW images) and BenVista Photo Zoom Pro 8 brilliant for resizing.

Ian

Back