Thanks, all. I appreciate the advice (especially in regard to Intrepid).
I suppose my main use for a 4x5 might be called architectural. I tend to shoot a lot of derelict buildings & ghost signs, industrial sites, graffiti'ed trains, cemetary gates - that sort of thing. I can really get by fine with medium format and even with digital, but I like the idea of using 4x5 to make me slow down even further and think more carefully about what image I really want to capture.
Also, I tend toward making large blow-ups via Photoshop & an A3+ printer, and I hesitate to buy a really good (and really expensive) digital camera because I know it'll be obsolete in 5 years.
I have no space for a home studio, so I need something light to carry around. That's steering me toward a lightweight field camera rather than a monorail or a press camera. I've seen a few Tachiharas recently for just a little more than the Intrepid, so that may be where I'm headed.
Joanna