- Joined
- Aug 6, 2016
- Messages
- 1,719
I have just released my new DBW FilmCalc which is a free film reciprocity and bellows compensation calculator for the iPhone
Last edited:
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature currently requires accessing the site using the built-in Safari browser.
I have just released my new DBW FilmCalc which is a free film reciprocity and bellows compensation calculator for the iPhone
Hello Ian, a small suggestion for an update would be the ability to select inches as well as mm for lens focal length. I know I can convert imperial to metric but would be nice to have it in the app.
Many thanks, great app.
Hey Ian, I have a mix of lenses, focal lengths are in inches on some and mm's on others. I'm in the UK and only use mm's for measuring (bellows extension etc), never with inches and fractions.I like it and I will plan to add it.
One quick question so I get it right: are your lens focal lengths and your bellows extension both in inches, or is it a mix, for example a lens marked in mm with a rail or bellows scale in inches?
Also, do you ever work in fractions of an inch (like 12 1/2) or is a decimal (12.5) fine for you?
Thanks again,
Ian
A simple web version that works on any phone is one option I'm also considering, and a full Android app would follow if there's enough interest but developing for Android is not something I have done much ofAny chance of an analog version for Samsung Galaxy please?
I have added the option to select inches or mm.Hey Ian, I have a mix of lenses, focal lengths are in inches on some and mm's on others. I'm in the UK and only use mm's for measuring (bellows extension etc), never with inches and fractions.
Many thanks,
Nas
digitalblackandwhite.co.uk
Hey Ian, I have a mix of lenses, focal lengths are in inches on some and mm's on others. I'm in the UK and only use mm's for measuring (bellows extension etc), never with inches and fractions.
Many thanks,
Nas