Intrepid lens and shutter project

Very interesting. Especially the shutter .
I've a few shutters in need of a clean as they can be a bit sticky in cold weather unless I fire them a few times but as time goes by , anyone's shutters that become unserviceable it's nice to know new ones will become available again.
Or you buy lenses without shutters , I've a couple of lenses that were bought as just front and rear cells with no shutter .
These share shutters with with other lens , but they might get their own soon enough.

I'm also especially interested in shutters, as 2/3 of my large format lenses are in barrel mount rather than shuttered.
If the prototype shows the only size they're planning on producing however their option won't be too useful for me. My problems lenses go up to 5" diameter & I now have some used 'Studio' shutters that should be usable with the more normal sized lenses.

Even so if the price is right I'm sure I'll get one or two Intrepid shutters to play with :)

Joe Van Cleef has an interesting video on a home made shutter. I really like his channel.

There are falling plate shutters too, although the fall is in a different direction.

Back