I did not realise Fomapan could look that good.
It's a great picture too.

I did not realise Fomapan could look that good.
It's a great picture too.
Thank you. Fomapan film often gets a bad rep but I've found it can work very well when used with care. The ISO on the box should be halved and stop bath shouldn't be used when processing it, only water. You can't beat it for value for money.

Thank you. Fomapan film often gets a bad rep but I've found it can work very well when used with care. The ISO on the box should be halved and stop bath shouldn't be used when processing it, only water. You can't beat it for value for money.

Fomapan in D-23 has to be seen to be believed...

Fomapan in D-23 has to be seen to be believed...
I absolutely agree. I have found Fomapan 200 to wok quite well with ADOX HR developer @ iso 125. A touch grainy in 135, but otherwise superb tonality and detail retention. I am about to try fomapan 100 in Perceptol @ iso 40. We'll see.

I absolutely agree. I have found Fomapan 200 to wok quite well with ADOX HR developer @ iso 125. A touch grainy in 135, but otherwise superb tonality and detail retention. I am about to try fomapan 100 in Perceptol @ iso 40. We'll see.

At the recommendation of @Raghu Kuvempunagar here, I tried Fomapan 100 in D-23 1+9, adding 0.5g/l of lye to maintain alkalinity, and semistand developing it for 1 hour with an initial agitation of 2 mins and one 15 second agitation at 31 min. I got razor sharp negs with great tonal management.

Here is the scan of a silver print made from a 12x9cm Fomapan 100 negative processed that way:

Back