Half Plate Soho Reflex

Ian Grant

Very Active Poster
Just arrived this afternoon a Marion & Co Soho Reflex in need of TLC.

sohohp001.jpg

sohohp002sm.jpg

And for scale with a Spotmatic.

sohohp003sm.jpg

The weather's poor so very shallow DOF, I will shoot better images.

The mirror is OK, the focus screen was dim but it's nice and bright now, the bellows need slight repair. The shutter curtains are old and at least one needs repair or replacement. There are 5 reasonable DDS Plate holders with inserts for film, but they would be a pig to oad. However I may well make an adapter to allow the use of an existing 7x5/Half plate International back, or something even simpler as it doesn't need a rear focus screen just to hold the DDS holders in place.

The major job is the shutter repair, also make lens boards. I will use my Wray 12" f6.3, and my.

So now I'm joining @Monsta . . . . . . . . . . . .

Ian

Looks like a fun toy. Shame you didn't get the lens too, but I guess that's quite understandable :)

Just arrived this afternoon a Marion & Co Soho Reflex in need of TLC.

View attachment 4678

View attachment 4679

And for scale with a Spotmatic.

View attachment 4680

The weather's poor so very shallow DOF, I will shoot better images.

The mirror is OK, the focus screen was dim but it's nice and bright now, the bellows need slight repair. The shutter curtains are old and at least one needs repair or replacement. There are 5 reasonable DDS Plate holders with inserts for film, but they would be a pig to oad. However I may well make an adapter to allow the use of an existing 7x5/Half plate International back, or something even simpler as it doesn't need a rear focus screen just to hold the DDS holders in place.

The major job is the shutter repair, also make lens boards. I will use my Wray 12" f6.3, and my.

So now I'm joining @Monsta . . . . . . . . . . . .

Ian
Hi Ian.
Love looking at the stuff you own.
Are you a dealer or a collector, professional, enthusiast all of the affore mentioned?

Firstly I'm a photographer, then an industrial archaeologist, (I combine the two), with an interest in the history of photography. I started restoring cameras around 17 years ago on a trip back to the UK while living abroad.

Ian

Back