Beyond the Zone System - Phil Davis - Fourth Edition

Ian-Barber

Admin
I have seen a used copy of this book on Amazon and was wondering if anyone has read it and if so what your views are.

31AB155HTHL._SX258_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

I've got the third edition - I hadn't realised that a new one was out. I'd recommend it from what I can recall (my copy is dated 1993 :)).

This book's front cover seemed somewhat familiar... since I do make use of... and LOVE using my BTZS developing tubes... so much easier than tray development... so much less of a 'hassle' than my pile of Kodak film hangers and half-gallon tanks... and so I hustled to the bookshelves 'down there' for a search and rescue....

I am somewhat sure I purchased that book when I was first 'persuaded' to 'try' the BTZS tubes, but it seems I may have either lent it out... and it has (either) not been returned... or is still packed in an unopened box from when we 'moved house' when 'the kids' moved out.... so... when I can find some spare 'enthusiasm' for more box-hunting/ searching... I'll take another look.

I did, however, 're-find' a book (in one of the 'unsealed' boxes) "The Edge of Darkness" by the late Barry Thornton that 'piqued my interest' a significant number of years ago (15 ???) that might just prove to be an interesting re-read.

Ken

Barry Thornton's books are always interesting to read - they contain a lot of useful information. The only downside from my point of view is that they also contain a lot of personal information. My photography isn't improved for example from knowing Barry's father's job and work standards...

've got the third edition - I hadn't realised that a new one was out. I'd recommend it from what I can recall (my copy is dated 1993 :)).

Is the information contain relevant to what we are doing today with modern films

Back