Washi

Stephan

A few days ago I ordered Washi Film "K" It did cost 18€ for 12 sheets 4x5. The following is a description of the film :

Film "K" is converted from rolls of Kodak Plus-X Aerographic Film 2402, expired since 2000. These perforated rolls of 5 inches’ width are cut in 4x5 or 5x7 sheet film to be used in regular large format cameras. Despite its long expiration date, this 3-kilometre stock of aerial film, has been stored in good condition and still gives very good results. A nostalgic film, as the emulsion has been discounted by Kodak a long time ago. As this original stock of film is perforated, the perforation could be slightly visible on two side of the pictures.

I made 2 shots at box speed and developed the film with R09 at 20°C, 1+25 for 6:30 min. I like what I see but I haven't had a chance to scan the negs. I'll be off for a long weekend so I'll be posting these results in the second half of next week.

Washi Film is a French company and they make film in different formats. Might be worth to check them out at filmwashi.com as they have some interesting products.