Tripod QR Plate

Flack

Popular Poster
I have a Manfroto tripod with the 200PL-14 323 RC2 3030 3130 Quick release plate's for all my Camera's, I have just got hold of a Benro GD3WH Tripod Geared Head, this geared head has a Arca Swiss QR plate. This is smaller than the Manfrotto QR plate.
Is there an adapter from Arca Swiss to my Manfrotto 200PL-14 323 RC2 3030 3130 Quick release plate
that I could use so all my Camera's with 200PL-14 323 RC2 3030 3130 Quick release plate will work with.

I have looked but got confused with all the plates options.

This seems to be what you’re looking for. You can fix it onto the current plate. You might want to invest in a bigger Arca-Swiss plate to provide a more stable base. You’d have to assess this when you had the items in your hand. Wex sell them too, but they are not the only supplier, by any means. Other excellent suppliers are available.

History might be against you. A-S seems to be taking over the world. I’m not quite sure why. Perhaps someone else on the forum is more familiar with the history of QR plates. Once upon a time there were only screws and choice was simpler - ¼” or 3/8”. (And 5/8 for surveyors, I believe.)

Hi David sorry if I was not clear, but I dont mean a whole plate, is there a plate that fits the arca swiss size to enable me to just still use my manfrotto plates on top of this arca swiss plate.

You mount this adapter onto the Benro A/S plate and then fix this assembly to the Benro A/S head. Now you have a Manfrotto plate-receiver at the top, on which you can mount PL200-equipped cameras. I have one of these adaptors and it works well for me, provided everything is well tightened.
As I don’t know the actual size if the Benro A/S plate, I suggested you might need a bigger one, but that was a belt-and-braces suggestion.
You will end up with a spare Manfrotto plate, but if you’re a normally acquisitive photographer, it won’t be spare for long.
The bevel angles are different on these plates, so there probably isn’t really simple solution.

This is the suggestion:
Top to bottom:

Standard Manfrotto 200 plate.
Manfrotto adapter. Locking lever and safety lock visible on left.
Arca-Swiss compatible plate, which can be fixed to the A/S Benro head.

This anonymous A/S plate is quite small, but it seems to work. There are much longer A/S plates available (for a price!) which are useful to balance the camera with heavy lenses or long extensions. It can align like this or at 90degrees.

This also shows the differences in chamfer angle.

This combination needed a 3/8 to ¼ insert. It does add a little height to the head, but not much. Perhaps I should have included a rule?

EFEFFCEE-68B0-474D-9574-AA29AD1EF9E7.jpeg

David thanks for that I am now clear on what I need, I will use this on my Intrepid 5x4 so not a heavy camera..

Back