trichrome images

apkeedle

Quick use of the search facility doesn't pull up any results for trichrome images. By that I mean colour images made from 3 B&W negatives each taken with one of Red/Green/Blue filters. Anyone tried it? It's a bit of a marmite subject I think but if anyone is interested I can share some of my trichromes. Mainly 6x7 with the RB but I have done 4x5 pinhole and a couple of 7x17" ULF.

It would be fascinating to see. Something new for many of us, I guess.

Quick use of the search facility doesn't pull up any results for trichrome images. By that I mean colour images made from 3 B&W negatives each taken with one of Red/Green/Blue filters. Anyone tried it? It's a bit of a marmite subject I think but if anyone is interested I can share some of my trichromes. Mainly 6x7 with the RB but I have done 4x5 pinhole and a couple of 7x17" ULF.
I googled Trichromes and got an article entitled
How to Increase Production of Ripe Trichomes on Cannabis
Wow dude ... count me in!
(Google search just kept dropping that R - so we know what's 'captain popular' on that search engine!)

I googled Trichromes and got an article entitled
How to Increase Production of Ripe Trichomes on Cannabis
Wow dude ... count me in!
(Google search just kept dropping that R - so we know what's 'captain popular' on that search engine!)

Your name now makes more sense than ever ;)

Your name now makes more sense than ever ;)

I gave up all smoking when the pandemic hit ... but I gave up 'herbal cigarettes' many many moons ago. Mind you I'm very fond of Reggae music

This is more what I'm talking about. 3 exposures with the Harman TiTAN 4x5, each with one of Red/Green/Blue filters. Scanned and brought together in Affinity Photo using RGB channels. The rainbow effect is caused by the the shadow moving during the each of the several minute long exposures.

Attachments

• Rainbow Bluebells.jpg
    Rainbow Bluebells.jpg
    258.4 KB · Views: 20
That’s unexpected! Very remarkable. Will you be showing more “hue-lapse” images?

Well I would but those are mainly 6x7... I do have a couple of 7x17" ULF trichrome images that are not "hue-lapse" (I love that term by the way) which I'll share later.

Those are lovely. Second one particularly. Great colours and sharpness.

These are some of my favourite 6x7 with the RB67. I have many more at: https://www.keedlemedia.com/trichrome
Whilst recreating a lifelike look is a fun challenge I've been enjoyed playing with what the process bring to the final image with movement and colour shifts.

Bridge-003.jpg
Orwell Bridge with Tri-X

001.jpg
Great Wood RSPB Reserve

B-001v2.jpg
HP5 @ 1600 with Big Stopper to get individual 30s exposures

@Joanna Carter mentioned the process being too expensive for LF. Definitely not wrong. How about doing it in Ultra Large Format then? I've managed to produce a couple using 7x17" sheet film. It's does rather add somewhat to the ULF dance and at the time I was using RGB filters with different factors so needed to adjust the exposure between each shot also. The huge negatives are scanned in 2 parts, recombined and then the usual trichrome construction.
Grafitti-Art 7x17 Resize.jpg

Bluebell v3 Resize.jpg
Times with consistent light were picked for these compositions to try and keep the feel as lifelike as possible.

Back