Quick Release plate

GMac

Hi I'm looking for recommendations for a quick release plate for my Chamonix F2 and Manfrotto tripod. Any ideas? Thanks.

My Chamonix 45H-1 comes with two screw holes on the base. So I bought a Kessler Quick Release with the 4" plate that comes with two screws. The two prevent twisting of the camera and the 4" length of the plate hold the 4x5 very stable on my Gitzo tripod. They also have a K plate that allows you to just stand the camera down on a flat surface. But it takes up more room in my case.

Quick release and the camera hit the road :D I won't ever use one again.

Ian

Thanks guys. I'll check out the Kessler but maybe your right Ian.

Will this not depend on your tripod head?
I've found the FLM 70 to work well. It's an Arca-Swiss type. The plate comes with two screws installed so it will fit cameras with two sockets as Alan says. I also bought the extended 130mm plate, which means I can balance the camera better when using a long extension. It's relatively easy to loosen the clamp, slide the camera along and re-tighten it. It won't come out unless you press a little release button.
As for dropping the camera, my most nervous moments come when I'm screwing the camera to the tripod head with icy fingers.

I have a Novoflex plate which is also Arca Swiss compatible.

Back