Introductory Post

Zone Imaging

Hi everyone, we're very honoured to be a sponsor of this fantastic forum.

For those that don't know us yet, we're a new photo-chemicals company based in London, UK. We are focused on bringing new and unique film developers to the commercial market that have minimal impact on the environment while maintaining high quality results when you are making your images.

All our products, whether formulated by us or our partners, will be ones formulated in the 21st century. Our first product is DeFehr's 510 Pyro which has become rapidly very popular in the UK since release - we currently supply labs, fine artists, professionals, hobbyists and Ilford Master Printers themselves with this film developer. We'll make separate threads dedicated to 510 Pyro and our upcoming future products.

Our website is:

For those on social media, our Instagram is @zoneimaginglab

Attachments

• 510 Pyro Front-1.jpg
    510 Pyro Front-1.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 5
Welcome James I have been following your post's on the FB group, love the banter bewteen you and Mark Beadle.

Welcome James. Enjoyed your presentation and our subsequent discussions at the Photography Show. You've developed some stuff for me at your lab too.

Thanks for supporting the site.

Welcome James I have been following your post's on the FB group, love the banter bewteen you and Mark Beadle.
Hahahaha, I can have a bit of personality with all the members of the UK FB group, that's true!

Welcome James. Enjoyed your presentation and our subsequent discussions at the Photography Show. You've developed some stuff for me at your lab too.

Thanks for supporting the site.
I'm glad! And thanks!

Hope to see you again at this year's Photography Show!

Picked up your stuff at the show as well, working well with HP5+ 120 film
Great to hear! Have you got the latest technical data sheet from last month? Because it has been updated a lot since. Has the latest film developing times on there including some revised ones including HP5 :)

Hope you will be at The Photography Show 2022 again too!

Great to hear! Have you got the latest technical data sheet from last month? Because it has been updated a lot since. Has the latest film developing times on there including some revised ones including HP5 :)

Hope you will be at The Photography Show 2022 again too!
Wild horses couldn't keep me away!

Last edited:
Hi everyone, we're very honoured to be a sponsor of this fantastic forum.

For those that don't know us yet, we're a new photo-chemicals company based in London, UK. We are focused on bringing new and unique film developers to the commercial market that have minimal impact on the environment while maintaining high quality results when you are making your images.

All our products, whether formulated by us or our partners, will be ones formulated in the 21st century. Our first product is DeFehr's 510 Pyro which has become rapidly very popular in the UK since release - we currently supply labs, fine artists, professionals, hobbyists and Ilford Master Printers themselves with this film developer. We'll make separate threads dedicated to 510 Pyro and our upcoming future products.

Our website is:

For those on social media, our Instagram is @zoneimaginglab
Hello James, I too am enjoying the 510 - have only developed some Fomapan 100 sheet film so far but the negs look great with the semi stand method

Hello James, I too am enjoying the 510 - have only developed some Fomapan 100 sheet film so far but the negs look great with the semi stand method

Would love to hear more about your semistand process and 510. I've done a lot of low agitation development but only with Pyrocat-HD and D-23. I'd love to it with PMK Pyro because of how it treats edge transitions in the highlights, but it oxidizes way too rapidly for that. 510 sounds interesting, so your comments would be most interesting...

Would love to hear more about your semistand process and 510. I've done a lot of low agitation development but only with Pyrocat-HD and D-23. I'd love to it with PMK Pyro because of how it treats edge transitions in the highlights, but it oxidizes way too rapidly for that. 510 sounds interesting, so your comments would be most interesting...

Hi @thronobulax , 510 Pyro was specifically designed to perform exceedingly well for continuous rotary, intermittent and semi-stand agitation.

The standard for semi-stand agitation for 510 Pyro is the Hartung method which is one minute constant at the beginning followed by one single inversion every 10 minutes where the majority of these times fall in the 11-18 minute range. Times for any of the three agitation methods can be found in the technical data sheet. It is mandatory to have one minute continuous agitation at the beginning due to the tanning action.

Films which are high in bromide are not suitable for semi-stand agitation however which are Tmax/Delta 3200 and Rollei Retro 80s (that I know of to date) and thus require either intermittent or continuous agitation.

Hi @thronobulax , 510 Pyro was specifically designed to perform exceedingly well for continuous rotary, intermittent and semi-stand agitation.

The standard for semi-stand agitation for 510 Pyro is the Hartung method which is one minute constant at the beginning followed by one single inversion every 10 minutes where the majority of these times fall in the 11-18 minute range. Times for any of the three agitation methods can be found in the technical data sheet. It is mandatory to have one minute continuous agitation at the beginning due to the tanning action.

Films which are high in bromide are not suitable for semi-stand agitation however which are Tmax/Delta 3200 and Rollei Retro 80s (that I know of to date) and thus require either intermittent or continuous agitation.

Interesting. Thanks. This is quite similar to what I do with Pcat, except I start with 2min continuous agitation and do only one midpoint agitation and develop to completion at 60 min.

Back