Hi from Suffolk, UK

apkeedle

Recent returner to film. No longer have a darkroom but make cyanotype and kallitype altprocess prints. Use 35mm, 6x7cm, 4x5" and 7x17". Pinhole with a Harman TiTAN. Currently exploring the wonderful world of trichrome images mainly with the 6x7cm but I have made 4x5" pinhole and 7x17" ULF trichromes.

Welcome ... had my 5x4 out at Pin Mill in Suffolk a few weeks back. :)
Like you I shoot 35mm, 6x7 and 4x5 (plus in my case 6x6 and 5x7) and don't have a darkroom either.

Welcome from sunny Worcestershire :D (well it is at the moment).

Ian

Welcome ... had my 5x4 out at Pin Mill in Suffolk a few weeks back. :)
Like you I shoot 35mm, 6x7 and 4x5 (plus in my case 6x6 and 5x7) and don't have a darkroom either.
Thanks, in all the time I've lived in and around Ipswich I have never made any images at Pin Mill... ‍

Thanks, in all the time I've lived in and around Ipswich I have never made any images at Pin Mill... ‍
My 'thing' is for ruins, abandoned buildings, wrecked boats etc ... texture ... so Pin Mill is a gift at the right tide.

My 'thing' is for ruins, abandoned buildings, wrecked boats etc ... texture ... so Pin Mill is a gift at the right tide.

I too have a strange fascination with dereliction, decay, and dilapidation. (Strangely, at no point has that drawn me to matters political ...)

Last edited:
I too have a strange fascination with dereliction, decay, and dilapidation. (Strangely, at no point has that drawn me to matters political ...)
For me things, places, factories, homes, ships and boats that were once important, loved (or even feared) but are now forgotten or ignored and are slowly being reclaimed by nature, have a sad majesty. I'm amassing enough material (slowly) for a photo book on the subject.

Back