Hello from Lincolnshire

Phil. W.

Critique My Images
No
Hi guys, I think I feel a little sheepishonly being a hobby photographer most of my life, but only being seriously into pictures from about 1972. Like many at that time I started with 35mm and worked up through medium format as finances alllowed. My photography at this time was mainly concerned with Aircraft, making record pictures for model making purposes - then the photography bug bit - finishing up with an older and well used Linhof Technika lll. Of late, most of my work has been with digital and electronic imaging. However, I'm delighted to be aboard!!

David M

Critique My Images
Yes
Welcome. You’re not alone in coming to photography via another interest. Do you still record aircraft?

Phil. W.

Critique My Images
No
Hi you guys, thanks so much for your welcome, yes in spite of advancing years I still find myself being drawn to aircraft though here in Lincolnshire the aviation scene is definitely not what it was. During my time in the RAF at Waddington on Vulcans there was much flying and opportunity that I was able to take advantage of at the time, unfortunately security meant that I didn't have a camera to hand when I most needed it...... Today I find that monochrome portraiture grabs me more than ever and in spite of the sophistication of the modern digital cameras, 'black and white' still says something that high fidelity colour cannot even aspire to.

thronobulax

Critique My Images
Yes
Hi you guys, thanks so much for your welcome, yes in spite of advancing years I still find myself being drawn to aircraft though here in Lincolnshire the aviation scene is definitely not what it was. During my time in the RAF at Waddington on Vulcans there was much flying and opportunity that I was able to take advantage of at the time, unfortunately security meant that I didn't have a camera to hand when I most needed it...... Today I find that monochrome portraiture grabs me more than ever and in spite of the sophistication of the modern digital cameras, 'black and white' still says something that high fidelity colour cannot even aspire to.
I recently watched a documentary on one of (the?) last Vulcan missions flown, I believe in the Falklands conflict. Living in the US, I was only slightly aware of this aircraft - and what a magnificent one it was. 'Tis a shame you couldn't have photographed it yourself.

Phil. W.

Critique My Images
No
Hi 'T', Sorry about the delay in replying been away a bit. Yes, the Falklands was an extraordinary mission for the Vulcan, you really must get the book 'Vulcan 607', and that very aeroplane still exists just up the road from me at RAF Waddington. I am sure that somwhere in my slides I do have '607. more later, ttfn.

Keith Haithwaite

Critique My Images
Yes
Hi Phil and belated welcome from an old 83 (Vulcan)Squadron bod from across town at RAF Scampton.

Last edited: