Handle

Try ecbuyonline2008 on Ebay, I've bought a few items from him over the years. He does sell handles/straps. He alsomsells Shen Hao cameras.

Ian

I have heard that cat-collars are an acceptable substitute.

I need to get some handles made for various restorations, there's nothing remotely suitable or close availble online. The alternative is get a new industrial ewing machine, I skipped my last 2 weeks ago as it had parts missing after stroaged at my mothers bungalow, and the case/base had severe water damage,,

Cat collars would be fine for tripod legs but cheap dog collars work better for more modern cameras.

Ian

If you don’t insist on leather, modern webbing, available from outdoor shops, is easy to cut and there’s a wide variety of connectors available so sewing isn’t needed. Just remember to seal the cut ends with a flame.

Good point David, I keep the connectors and other fittings if I discard the dogs old harness, back packs, and similar, also decent lengths of webbing. A little easy sewing may well be needed or asdvised though.

It's also useful to keep these bits, for instance my Tenba LF back pack allows extra bits to be attached via its spare fittings on the sides.

Ian

I small leather belt with a quality buckle could be cut to suitable length and has the advantage of allowing some degree of adjustment not to mention matching the colour.

Back