Forum Appearence

Ian-Barber

Admin
The forum has been updated to the latest version but this means the previous theme is no longer compatible.
What you are seeing now is the default look out of the box.

I need to purchase the latest version of the old theme and get in installed and customised to how it needs to look.

Thank for your patience

Ian

The forum has been updated to the latest version but this means the previous theme is no longer compatible.
What you are seeing now is the default look out of the box.

I need to purchase the latest version of the old theme and get in installed and customised to how it needs to look.

Thank for your patience

Ian

Oh, I don't know. The new theme looks fine too.

Looks OK to me too. Is there any change in functionality?

Looks OK to me too. Is there any change in functionality?
In theory, there should be no change in functionality from a user's perspective. The reason I used a different theme before was to try and make it look a little different from all the other forums, give it some type of brand

I did like the old one, with the black/white/grey and I will miss the camera logo in the corner, but I'll get used to it. I navigate the the web very visually so I use colour and format cues a lot - but I can adapt. Can't find the emojis right now, either :(

did like the old one, with the black/white/grey and I will miss the camera logo in the corner
I do know what you mean Wendy. As a web designer, I have always been drawn to aesthetics and brand awareness which is why I wanted to break away from the "out of the box" feel.

I will see if I can redraw the camera logo as a vector

Early days yet, I might still bite the bullet and go to a more personal feel

Last edited:
I do know what you mean Wendy. As a web designer, I have always been drawn to aesthetics and brand awareness which is why I wanted to break away from the "out of the box" feel.

I will see if I can redraw the camera logo as a vector

Early days yet, I might still bite the bullet and go to a more personal feel
The camera is back - thank you! And the emoji has appeared too :D

I did like the old one, with the black/white/grey and I will miss the camera logo in the corner, but I'll get used to it. I navigate the the web very visually so I use colour and format cues a lot - but I can adapt. Can't find the emojis right now, either :(
Yes I liked the old look too. When I first saw the change I thought I'd gone to one of the (many) other forums I'm on.

No need for me to adapt. The old look was nicer but IMO it's not important enough to put a lot of effort in to match it.
A degree of branding is a benefit, and will be appreciated when Ian has time.

I just noticed that the "Critique my images" indicator is no longer present. Is this by intent?

Back