Film box

Fragments of nature

Hi I'm new to 4x5 and building my kit up but I thinking what to place my films before developing so I'm not restricting my use of my dark slides does anyone have any spare film boxes I could have please.
Nottinghamshire area.

Stephen Batey

I'm afraid I don't have any I can pass on.

When I first started and had this problem, I put the exposed film into a developing tank so that I could reload the holders. When there was enough to process, I developed them and started again until I had an empty box.

Marley

I used Avery label boxes and cut off black plastic rubbish sack bottoms for inners if I run out of film boxes ... as I am doing more and more LF this is happening less often ... but it works.

Sean Mac

Hummmm not seeing it in my in-box - you might want to have another go :)
Fragments of Nature will probably have more luck finding the PM I sent ;)

I have been lucky enough to get out with my camera enough times this summer that I have an empty box to pass on.....

:)

David M

This is a fairly frequent problem. Is there a modest commercial opportunity here for someone who has a 3D printer and is interested in LF photography?

thronobulax

This is a fairly frequent problem. Is there a modest commercial opportunity here for someone who has a 3D printer and is interested in LF photography?
The issue with regular plastics is that they can become charged with static electricity and thereby attract dust.

One option might be to seek out online auctions for out-of-date film selling at low prices and buy them for the box.

In the UK one might reach out to Harmon/Ilford to see if they will sell empty boxes or provide a hint as to who might.

skellum

Fragments-
If you are sill looking for boxes shoot me a PM with your address. I'll get 2 or 3 out in the post.
Colin