Can Pictures Shot With Other Than 5x4 Here?

thronobulax

I wish to be a good citizen hence ... am I permitted to post images taken with smaller format (120 and 35mm) film cameras and/or digital capture permitted here? Happy to follow whatever practice is expected.

David M

I wonder why you'd want to do that. Those other formats seem to be well-served elsewhere.
Only the Admin people can give a ruling, really.

thronobulax

I wonder why you'd want to do that. Those other formats seem to be well-served elsewhere.
Only the Admin people can give a ruling, really.
You're probably right. I just like to share my snapshot whether by view camera or other machine. But, I think I shall refrain.

Ian Grant

I guess it depends on relevance after all this is a Large Format Photography forum, I have posted 120 and digital images where they illustrate either LF equipment or have some other relevance.

I use 35mm film for testing so that could be useful comparisons, and I;ve used a DSLR to test comparative lens contrasts (on another forum).

Ian

David M

Yes, it would be unkind to be rigid about this. Illustrating a technique would be good example of an appropriate use.
Only Admin can give a definite ruling, of course. I’d hope they would be kind.

Ian-Barber

Admin
Staff member
I wish to be a good citizen hence ... am I permitted to post images taken with smaller format (120 and 35mm) film cameras and/or digital capture permitted here? Happy to follow whatever practice is expected.
If the image is to demonstrate or show something then yes its permitted but if its just to showcase work made on smaller formats then it would be better shown elsewhere like our sister forum