Trees 3

frost on pinus .jpg
Looking out the bedroom window this morning, I could hardly see the school across the road thanks to the ice fog.
About 45 minuted later (after my first mug of fresh coffee),'He with four legs and 'docked' tail' decided it was time to get out and 'water' the base of the trees in the nearby park. After his 'meeting the needs of nature' I rushed back with the required hardware and one loaded film holder and light meter to 'record' what to film that which "Mother Nature" had created during her early morning visit which had called me over for a closer look The lower limbs of one of the Pinus 'bushes' close to the pond. Exposure was made onto FP4 behind the 150mm Rodenstock, 1/4 second at f11 and shortly threafter, given Normal development in Pyrocat HD in BTZS tubes using continuous rotary development.

Ken

Mother Nature has done a grand job there. How clever of her to get the framing right.

Mother Nature has done a grand job there. How clever of her to get the framing right.

Come from her mother's side... ie it's all....that should have been genetics... i.e. in her in her jeans (right front 'key' pocket) since she is usually "right-handed")... :cool:

Ken

:cool:

Not to mention the focus and exposure, developing and imaging..... Nice shot, thanks for posting.

:cool:

Not to mention the focus and exposure, developing and imaging..... Nice shot, thanks for posting.

JIM...

I was (hopefully) going to try and get come close-ups of the 'grasses and some of the 'frosted' Bull-rushes this morning- BUT..Due to the light overnight snow-fall (now 'hiding the hoar frost...) and... it is still 'coming down as I now 'hunt and peck), my intentions have been somewhat 'snookered'. I SHOULD have taken (made?) the time to re-load a few film holders and gone back to the park again... rather than gone down to process that one exposure... then scan and 'post' the image of the hoar frost on the Pinus exposure.

Ken

The bridge over the canal behind the school across the road from our house a five minute walk to the west.

A week ago... after a week or so days of somewhat 'dreich' spring weather, mother Nature decided to take one more "kick at the can" to remind us that 'spring' was not quite ready to return to this part of S. Alberta... and left a sprinkling of snow to remind us that the 'nice warmer weather' might be delayed a for another week or so. This bridge is NOT in competition with that famous structure over the river Kwai, but allows the school children to get across the 'canal' that 'feeds' the pond in the nearby park.

FP4 behind my 150mm lens given (I think)1/8 second at f.16 (incident reading).. If my memory serves me well enough...
(I did not have pen or pencil at hand)... and processed within the hour.

Ken

Elm.jpg

A 'somewhat' old image (from my 'early days' as a 'Pro' at the University that has proven (over time) to be my wife's favourite.. (it is currently hanging on our bedroom wall, and I just 're-found the negative going through a 'pile' that were somewhat 'hidden away' and decided it might be worth scanning and submitting. It is of an Elm about 20 yards further along the fence line from my 'other Elm tree silhouette'

According to the notch It was FP4.. and most likely developed using hangers in tank as 'normal' in D76 (long before I 'found' Pyrocat HD and BTZS tubes). I have no 'record of the exposure' but it was made using my first 'brand new' 4x5 Linhof mounted atop my 'least favourite' Alumin(i)um tripod (ie before I 'learned' that a large wooden tripod was a more 'sturdier' support for a
large format camera).

Ken

Back