St Peters Church Digital Negative

Ian-Barber

Admin
Staff member
I decided to have a go at creating some 10x8 digital negatives from some 5x4 negatives and then contact print them in the darkroom. The process was not as easy as I first thought but after some tweaking here and there I finally managed to produce a digital negative which prints nice using Grade 2 filtration on Ilford MG Pearl RC.

This photograph of St Peters Church in Doncaster known locally as the white church was one of the first exposures I made with the Chamonix and the film was Fomapan 200 developed in Kodak Hc110.

St Peters Balby.jpg

St Peters Balby.jpg

David M

That seems to have worked well.
I have a friend who makes digital negatives, (for Cyanotypes, not silver prints) and he saves his successful Curves adjustments for future use. My apologies if you have thought of this already.

Ian-Barber

Admin
Staff member
That seems to have worked well.
I have a friend who makes digital negatives, (for Cyanotypes, not silver prints) and he saves his successful Curves adjustments for future use. My apologies if you have thought of this already.
So far, I have created 3 curves for different papers and I store them on the Adobe Cloud and have created an Action which loads them automatically depending on which I need

Alan9940

Ian, would you consider posting your ACV curves, PS action, and printer settings to the Resources section here? And, if you feel anything requires explanation, perhaps a brief PDF? I, for one, would be very interested.

Thank you.

Ian-Barber

Admin
Staff member
Ian, would you consider posting your ACV curves, PS action, and printer settings to the Resources section here? And, if you feel anything requires explanation, perhaps a brief PDF? I, for one, would be very interested.

Thank you.
Yes Alan, I will do that. I am making notes as I go along and will tidy them up into a readable document.