Something for the millennials?

David M

Very Active Poster
Last edited:
Hmmm. Not sure about the environmental impact of all that single use plastic :oops:

I thought the same when I came across this new approach a few weeks ago. I've been re-using Ilford Developer (& Fixer) bottles for many years (over 40), for Toners, Developers (I mix all my own these days), Wash Aid etc, they do eventually start tu break down but only after years of use.

Ian

I thought much the same, but it seemed worth bringing it to the forum's attention. We'd all hope that anyone who bites on this hook will soon do things in the ordinary way.
Perhaps it would be genuinely useful for quick feedback away from civilisation, such as when living out of a backpack.
And yes, Ilford bottles do seem to last well.

Last edited:
Looks an expensive route to me but, as David said, it might have its uses developing when away. In that case I would want similar for fixer too.

They do measured sachets of dev, stop, fix and wet.
It came into my head that a person of infinite cunning might buy these and re-use them. They do look like handy little pouches. Presumably, with a little more cunning they could be re-filled with the right concentration to make up a litre or a quart, or whatever seemed best.

Might be useful on workshops or for the very occasional user who didn't want full quantities deteriorating in the cupboard under the stairs.
New ideas always welcome.

Back