Show Us Your Camera

Richard Warom

Hi Diz snap on the Shen Hao except for the fancy bellows did it come with those or are they an addition? my B has standard bellows. The beast looks very good but not very light to carry.
Richard

Diz

Thanks Chaps. The Shen Hao came with those bellows Richard. I think they are a sort of dual standard/bag bellow. A bit of a compromise between the two, but work ok. The beast is not the lightest of cameras I admit. However, I got it for wet plate work. So not to far from the droom. At the moment I'm converting a bicycle trailer into a portable droom, so will put a strong shelf for it to be transported.
Cheers
Diz

Monsta

the lens on it is an 81/2 inch f2.9 Air Ministry Pentac which is a bit hazy but so adds to the magic glow and softness. cheers for the comments

KenS

I just HAVE to ask...

How many times has someone come up to you and asked "Is that a digital camera?" :cool:

Ken

Monsta

he heh! not many with this one as it just looks so old. folks cannot get their heads around the fact that it still works. it is amazing to use it hand held like a huge hassy

KenS

Quickie iPhone images of my 'oldest' 4x5 cameras

IMG_1759.JPG

IMG_1758.JPG

A Late 1800's "Century, model 46" with two of the three wooden 4x5" film holders... and a "Premo" Film Pack adapter. Lens by Bosch and Lomb.... Shutter is Century with the number 12864 (f8 to f64).

Sold by "Rice, Johnston & Gladwish of Montreal in a nice black leather box that is somewhat 'rubbed' but still "solid"

Not nearly as 'useful' as my Linhof monorail. The 4x5 ground glass is 'cracked' and was 'taped
with clear tape by its pevious owner...(now turning somewhat 'brown/tan') but I don't really know if it is worthwhile replacing it with a 'new' Kodak GG from my back-up 'stock'.

Ken