Pyrocat HD

Hi David, Yes, fresh dev each time.
I did wonder about residual fixer killing the dev as i use an acid fix, hence the reason for not using the pouring spout of the lift, just in case there's something hanging around in the piping.

Mike

How much developer are you using in terms of volume, this can be an issue with dilute developers.

Ian

You seem to have baffled us. Return of the Cottingley Fairies with a grudge?
Give up and invent faster-than-light travel. For an encore, you might sort out Brexit. Both might be easier. Well... an FTL drive might be easier ...
Silverprint sell an alkaline fixer that might be worth a try. I have no experience of using it, but my darkroom life is much less interesting than yours. All my problems come from using a couple of pounds of grey jelly.

I make sure there is a minimum of 75ml per sheet, and normally have 4 sheets in 300ml.

I'm convinced it's contamination and maybe an alkali fixer would help.

Inventing a time machine may be easier than resolving Brexit to everyone's satisfaction :)

Interesting is not the word that springs to mind when another 4 sheets hit the bin.

Mike

The last resort might be to run a Domestos cycle through the machine. We shall have to leave it to Ian to suggest suitable dilutions, as it was his suggestion.
Best of luck.

Back