Orchid flower

KenS

Popular Poster
Orchid.jpg

This (very light) pink orchid sat at one end of the piano for a much longer time than I expected it to last... after having been 'tortured' more than a few of times by Gir's nose, it got to sit out (under cover) on the back deck, in front of some black velvet draped over a half-sheet of plywood, and having some weak morning sunshine reflected from a mirror and through some light gauze, to create a light 'soft' shadow to better show the three-dimensionality of the flower.

Kodak Plus-X behind my 240mm Rodenstock Sironar @ f22, on the Linhof Monorail. Development was 'Normal' in Pyrocat HD in BTZS tubes, hand rotated in T****r-w**e water-bath.

Last edited:
I specifically like the way you have managed to get max focus especially as both flowers appears to be on different focal planes

Ian,
Your remarks takes me back some 65+ years (or so) to when I was 'learning' at the side of my mentor. I would ask that very question "how do you KNOW when the important 'bit' is just right.... and 'sharp'?"
His answer was always the same... You have to put your tongue in between your front teeth and 'bite'... If it does not hurt... keep 'looking' around the ground glass and turn the knob until it does....

and I fell for it... MORE than once, dammit!

Ken

Back