Old winchester hill, and Mottisfont

Jonathan Woods

I don't know why, but when trying to think of a thread title my mind went blank, so I hope the photographs do a better job!

These were all taken in the last few months, and both locations are only about a 30 minute drive from Southampton. :)

Place to rest
by Jonathan Woods, on Flickr

Catching the cold

Into the sun

All were taken on my Ebony SV45TE, and Delta 100. Lens wise, I think they were shot on 110mm, 150mm and 90mm respectively.

Ian Grant

Nice images Johnathan. Do we assume you live in Southampton ? My sister lived there for quite a few years so I'd visit a few times every year.

Delta 100 is a superb film, great tonality.

Ian

Jonathan Woods

Quite lovely. Can you provide EI and development info please?
Many thanks :)

Development wise, I use Rodinal (I suppose specifically, Adonal) at 1:50, 20C, 14 mins - essentially as per the MDC recommendations. I used to stand dev, but I got a little impatient with it. That, and I don't shoot enough and ended up wasting a lot of developer as it went off well before I could get through the bottle. Shot at box speed and developed for the same speed. As for the exposure index, I am not sure. When it comes to me being lazy or in a rush, I typically don't write this sort of stuff down - I know, I really should! I can tell you though, that the middle photo had only 3 stops of dynamic range, whereas the bottom had about 5-6, and the top had only around 4. I typically meter for highlights and shadows with a spot meter and average. I'll then compare the average against a separate reading for what I can find as a mid tone.

Nice images Johnathan. Do we assume you live in Southampton ? My sister lived there for quite a few years so I'd visit a few times every year.

Delta 100 is a superb film, great tonality.

Ian
Thanks Ian :)

Yes, I'm currently in Southampton. It'll do for now... ;)

A

Anthony

I love the 2 forest pictures particularly. Great Britain is so beautiful . . .

It's good to know there are talented people loose over there, photographing.