My Droom

Discussion in 'Talk About Darkroom Work' started by Diz, Oct 6, 2016.

1. Diz

Diz Member

My Droom is in Utility room on the end of the cow shed. Not best placed as I have to pass the feed bins. The bonus is I get to practice Ninja Skills so as not to raise dust. Its 10 foot long by 3 1/5 wide. Water is mainly harvested rainwater(You can't drink our mains water without treatment and smells like bleached mud) Though when the tanks are low I can switch over to mains. There isnt a wet or dry side, just a side. At a squeeze, I can do up to 16x20 fibre prints with 2 fix baths. The print is washed elsewhere as the the big washer wont fit and is to heavy for the sink. droom.jpg droom2.jpg
    Cheers
    Diz

Last edited: Oct 6, 2016
    Mike Gale and Alan Jones like this.
  2. alexmuir

alexmuir Member

This looks good! Mine is similar, but in a shed. I like your shelves. I don't have enough of them in my space. I must put up some more. Half of my space is filled with bikes, but it still works. I can see by all your kit that your space is working for you. Thanks for posting the pics, it puts a darkroom to a name! I must try to post pics of my dark hovel!
    Alex

3. Keith Haithwaite

Keith Haithwaite Active Member

A nice looking setup for such a small space Diz.

4. Diz

Diz Member

Thank you. There are plans afoot to make a new one in a shipping container. It had our belongings in while we converted our semi derelict into a home. As it has emptied I have negotiated 12 foot of it. (I recon I could get a job with the UN peace talk team!)
    Cheers
    Diz