Mother deer and her newest offspring

KenS

Popular Poster
mother and offspring.jpg

On our daily "walkies' around the nearby park a few days ago (I with my Linhof (and my wife carrying my somewhat hefty wooden tripod), we noticed a new (and unusual)"For Sale" sign on the upper story 'back deck' of the house that my daughter had owned then sold about 17 years go (and has been re-sold a about five or six in the last 15 (or so) years. She 'got out of there' due to a somewhat strange reason... She believed the house was haunted by the 'ghost' of a previous owner ( a 'smokey-like 'being') that scared the H**l out of my only grandson who became REALLY frightened when going to 'relieve himself one more time before going to sleep' all those many years ago. It is somewhat unusual to have a "For Sale" sign on the upper balcony facing the park (behind the foliage to the 'right) AS WELL AS THE SIGN on the front lawn. My eye (however) was more drawn more to the adult female deer having some 'breakfast' of the grass and her 'youngster' watching "me" . So... being somewhat unwilling to take the time to 'set everything up to make an exposure, I decided to try 'hand- holding' my camera rather than disturb 'that which caught my eye'. I'm now quite 'happy' with how well the effort to so 'do' turned out.

Tri-X @ ISO 320 for 125th @ f16-1/3 (If my memory works well enough) processed as 'Normal' in Pyrocat HD [with continuous 'finger rotation' in BTZS tubes in a water bath at temperature)]

Ken

Back