Horseman L45

soupdragon

Popular Poster
Bought a horseman L45 this week as they are very affordable right now.
It's well engineered for sure but weighs about the same as a Fiat Panda.
Sadly is was supplied with the wrong lens board so I have not had a chance to film test it.

Does anyone have any experience with this camera?

There may or may not be an issue with the rear standard or the ground glass supporting frame.
The frame is held to the rear standard using customary slide locks.
When fitted it moves very slightly vertically and/or laterally when inserting a film holder but, It does not appear to move away from the rear standard seals.

Is this normal?

I have the same camera. I've never noticed the movement you describe but I'll need to set it up to try it out to be sure. Unfortunately I'm about to leave to catch a train and will be away a few days. If you haven't had an answer by the weekend then I'll set the camera up and let you know.

I have the same camera. I've never noticed the movement you describe but I'll need to set it up to try it out to be sure. Unfortunately I'm about to leave to catch a train and will be away a few days. If you haven't had an answer by the weekend then I'll set the camera up and let you know.
I'd really appreciate that.
As I said, it feels like it's held against the light seal but can be twisted a few mm.

I've looked at mine now and it does have a few mm movement as you say. I'd never noticed it before so it hasn't caused any issues in actual use.

It has to have little wriggle room, if tighter when the gg focus screen panel was raised on one side only, or unevenly, it might bind.
Think of taking a metal tin lid off.

Ian

Back