Hello from London

wai

Hello, thank you for the invite.

I'm just getting started with Large Format and dipping my toe in with a Pacemaker 4x5 Speed Graphic mainly because I wanted to try out a Dallmeyer 8" Pentac with it (yes I know).

Additionally, I have some Medium format gear that I take out during the holidays and a digital SLR for social occassions which I record on Flickr.

Welcome gfrom another occasional Speed Graphic user, I have a Pacemaker and a pre Anniversary Speed Graphic and the slightly slower Dallmeyer f3.5 Press lens on a Dallmeyer Press reflex (a rebadged Ensign), The Dallmeyer f3.5 Press lens was also sold as a Dalmac.

Ian

Welcome!

I too make considerable use of a Speed Graphic I resurrected from the dead about 10 years ago. It was badged as someone's studio camera and required a lot of love, care, cleaning, and generally adjustment. It now works flawlessly and is my go-to when I don't feel like lugging a field camera around.

I use three lenses with mine: 65mm f/5.6 Super Angulon, 127mm f/4.7 Ektar, and 240mm f/5.6 Sironar. I probably shot nearly half of this year's work with that kit.

I also have a 3x2 "Baby" Speed Graphic - again with a 3 lens kit - that is probably responsible for about 1/3 of the year's output. 2x3 (aka 9x6cm) remains my favorite format as a balance between equipment size and negative capability.

Hello, thank you for the invite.

I'm just getting started with Large Format and dipping my toe in with a Pacemaker 4x5 Speed Graphic mainly because I wanted to try out a Dallmeyer 8" Pentac with it (yes I know).

Additionally, I have some Medium format gear that I take out during the holidays and a digital SLR for social occassions which I record on Flickr.
Hi and welcome from another London large format user.
I use MPP 5x4 (I think MPP started as a UK Speed graphic clone) , 5x7 European 'travel camera' medium format taken care of by RB67 and C330 kits, as well as Olympus and Leica screw-mount 35mm and Sony mirrorless digital - nowt wrong with hedging ones bets :)
Hope you enjoy the forum ... there's lots of help available if you need it, and we are a pretty friendly bunch.

Thank you for the welcomes!

I was worried that everyone would only be using "proper" view cameras on this forum so good to hear that is not so.

I would have liked to have gotten a MPP Micro-Press but couldn't find any, so I ended getting a Speed Graphic from the US.

50 sheets of Fomapan 100 just arrived in the post so I'll be making some test shots shortly.

Thank you again.

Thank you for the welcomes!

I was worried that everyone would only be using "proper" view cameras on this forum so good to hear that is not so.

I would have liked to have gotten a MPP Micro-Press but couldn't find any, so I ended getting a Speed Graphic from the US.

50 sheets of Fomapan 100 just arrived in the post so I'll be making some test shots shortly.

Thank you again.
I use Fomapan 100 a lot, and 200 and have some examples and reviews on my YouTube channel
There were a lot of Micro-Press 5x4s about on e bay last year - they seem to be like busses and all come at once! I'm a firm believer in 'gear doesn't matter, it's the photographer's vision that's important' and I think a speed Graphic is an excellent way to start - if you are dipping your toe then just do the minimum needed :)Still-Edit-Edit.jpg
Fomapan 100, MPP and 150mm Fujinon W lens

Last edited:
Back