Hello all, Lewis in the Brecon Beacons Wales

lewis phillips

I have decided to make a massive change in my photography direction, I have sold all my digital gear other than a few canon l series. I am now on my quest to create a large body of fine art landscape work to influence conservation by going large format. I also would like somthing to leave for my children later on in life.

I have to be honest I am a little nervous BUT i am also very excited to see if this format can bring back the reason I started, I hope 5 by 4 can recindle my passion for photography.

Kind regards
Lewis
www.lewisphillipsimages.com

martin henson

Admin
Staff member
I was the same years ago, went into digital for a short time, completely gave up in film, I got bored with it, no challenge, back to film, love it, love the old film cameras, the process, the choice of cameras, films, developers, processes, and believe me there are many out there who have changed back to silver and not just 5x4 the smaller formats are a good choice, oh and yes, welcome to the forum

Regards
Martin

David M

Welcome. I hope you find what you want. There are some very knowledgeable and helpful people here. I've certainly benefited from them.

lewis phillips

I was the same years ago, went into digital for a short time, completely gave up in film, I got bored with it, no challenge, back to film, love it, love the old film cameras, the process, the choice of cameras, films, developers, processes, and believe me there are many out there who have changed back to silver and not just 5x4 the smaller formats are a good choice, oh and yes, welcome to the forum

Regards
Martin
Been digital for 20 years, cant wait to get into it

Ian Grant

Welcome Lewis. I've been an LF shooter since the mid 1970's I'd guess 1977. Added Digital in the late 1990's but largely for work rather than my personal work.

Have a question but will PM you.

Ian