HC 110

Discussion in 'Talk About Techniques' started by mono, Sep 3, 2016.

1. Carl Hall

Carl Hall Member

Production Support Engineer
    Home Page:
    I haven't used HC-110 for LF but I use it a lot for 120. My tank needs 600ml of solution, so I measure out 18.75ml of syrup into a graduated measuring cylinder (well, I go to just under half way between 18 and 20 ml marks. It's not exact but it's close enough for me. I guess I could get a more accurate graduated cylinder if I really wanted to). I then top the small cylinder up with water, stir it a bit, then pour into the main graduated cylinder. I keep doing this until there isn't any more syrup stuck to the inside of the small cylinder, then I just top the big one up until it's exactly 600ml.

When I first used HC-110 I thought getting the syrup to dissolve was a complete PITA, but now I'm used to it it's not so bad really.

2. alexmuir

alexmuir Member

I should have said that the time given for both these films rated at the manufacturers speed in the real (1+47) Dilution E is 7mins 30secs, so I'm reducing the time by around 7%, although you also have to take account of the slightly reduced strength of the developer due to higher dilution. There was a good thread on APUG about using HC110. I think the thread title was 'HC110 made simple'. There is also a website called Covington Innovations which has further useful info. Mr Covington wrote a great book on Astrophotography which contains a lot of good processing tips, especially about HC110.
    Alex