Greetings

DaveF

Hello everyone - happy to be now registered, and not sure why it's taken so long.

I have been working with large format since 2016, on both 5x4 and latterly 10x8. It's pleasing to see that film is in some ways more popular now than it was when I took it up again in 2016.

My new website is now up and running at www.davidfearnphotography.co.uk

It should also be said that I'm striving with my photography to generate interest in the question of environment and how thinking about time affects this; not because large format is an end to itself, even as one of the main reasons why I use it is because of what the processes afford, in terms of experience and pleasure.

Welcome. There's some very interesting stuff on your website. Thank you.

Welcome. There's some very interesting stuff on your website. Thank you.
Thank you very much: you're very kind. Over the last four years I've added a variety of comments and perspectives (and technical know-how) on my Wordpress blog as well. I'll continue to develop all my sheet film (I'm yet to try C41) but don't currently do very much printing of my own except 10x8 contact prints when I can - I have limited space at home, scan/digitize my negatives, and have no darkroom, but alt-pro suits me fine! I still have much to learn with the dark arts of black and white processing and printing, but tend to make far fewer mistakes than in the first couple of years.
I used to print digitally with an Epson 3880 but it's now defunct; I'll likely as not have files sent off to get printed professionally via e.g. Bailey & Chinnery on an ad hoc basis - probably a bit of a cost-saving given the costs of running a large inkjet at home if not printing or selling prints regularly.

Welcome to the forum, Dave!

Folker

Welcome, like you I shoot 10x8, although mainly 5x4 and more recently 7x5. I began with 5x4 around 1976/7, 10x8 2003.

Ian

Back