Greetings from Scrumpyland

Jeremy Greenaway

Hello to all - another newcomer to the clan from down here in Debben, except when I be over there in Brittany! I'm no longer a wage slave (after 68 years) but still snap and scribble away. I'm turning back to film, anything from 35mm to 5x4 - whatever suits the job! And hopefully I'm soon to be reunited with a VN press camera, which I first fought with all those years ago. Ah, nostalgia!

Hello to all - another newcomer to the clan from down here in Debben, except when I be over there in Brittany!

Welcome to the group. And don't forget to look us up when you're next over here in the land of the best cider (Brittany);)

Be nice to see the Van Neck Press camera in action again, it's still possible to get Quarter plate or 9x12 film depending on what the camera takes.

Ian

Be nice to see the Van Neck Press camera in action again, it's still possible to get Quarter plate or 9x12 film depending on what the camera takes.

Ian
Thanks Ian - I didn't go for the VN in the end. It wasn't in particularly good nick, and I decided instead that a Mammi 23 with the 6x9 rf back would be more suitable and got one at a good price, although the viewfinder is a bit cloudy. I had a colleague in the 70s who was still using one for sport, and turning in some cracking images. Uzll see dreckly!

Welcome to the group. And don't forget to look us up when you're next over here in the land of the best cider (Brittany);)
Thanks for the welcome Joanna - know Plestin, hope the green slime isn't too bad! We're based at the Moulin Blanc Marina in Brest which is a great centre not just for the marine scene, but the Parc Regional and ancient churches et al.

Back