Fuji Acros

Discussion in 'Talk About Different Analog Films' started by martin henson, Nov 28, 2016.

1. martin henson

martin henson Administrator Staff Member

This film in all formats has to be on the top of most film shooters list, used a couple of boxes over the last year and it never disappoints.

I develop it in Kodak Xtol and find its a great combo, rich shadows beautiful controlled highlights and the rest, also the fact that its hardly effected by long exposures makes it arguably one of the best black and white films ever made.

Anyone else use it if so what's your thoughts on this film.

Hope Fuji don't ditch like some of the other great films they have stopped production.

2. Stephen Batey

Stephen Batey Well-Known Member

None (retired)
    I used it when it was available in Quickloads. I like the grain structure and the overall performance in Rodinal; I hated the hole in the corner that always intruded into the image area and required cloning out afterwards. I don't know if non-Quickload sheets have this hole? Given I couldn't get it in convenient Quickloads anymore, I stuck with FP4 which has no hole.

I don't find myself stepping into the exposure area where reciprocity failure is an issue, so that's not an issue for me.

3. martin henson

martin henson Administrator Staff Member

Its strange this hole at the notch side, my last purchase of two boxes the first box there were no holes, the second box had the holes.