FS: Mamiya 645 AFD body, 120 film back, AF 80mm f/2.8 and AF 105-210mm f/4.5

Discussion in 'For Sale' started by Jonathan Woods, Apr 15, 2018 at 4:01 PM.

1. Jonathan Woods

Jonathan Woods Member Registered User

Hi all,

So I bought a Mamiya 645 AFD a while back and I've decided to move it on because I just can't get used to the handling, personally (it's like the whole canon/nikon thing :D). The body itself has also developed a few odd quirks which some might call faults.

Specifically, with the AFD body, there are a couple of quirks/issues. I should add that none of these actually stop the camera taking photos, and aside from the following, everything else works perfectly.

1) ̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶n̶u̶m̶b̶e̶r̶ ̶d̶i̶s̶p̶l̶a̶y̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶o̶t̶t̶o̶m̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶v̶i̶e̶w̶ ̶f̶i̶n̶d̶e̶r̶,̶ ̶o̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶o̶t̶t̶o̶m̶ ̶t̶h̶r̶e̶e̶ ̶q̶u̶a̶r̶t̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶n̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶r̶a̶c̶t̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶l̶i̶g̶h̶t̶s̶ ̶u̶p̶.̶ ̶ ̶I̶t̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶s̶t̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶d̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶r̶s̶e̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶r̶a̶c̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶d̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶c̶c̶u̶r̶a̶t̶e̶,̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶e̶n̶t̶i̶r̶e̶t̶y̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶r̶a̶c̶t̶e̶r̶s̶,̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶i̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶d̶i̶v̶i̶d̶u̶a̶l̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶m̶a̶t̶t̶e̶r̶s̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶.̶ ̶I̶'̶m̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶f̶u̶l̶l̶ ̶d̶i̶s̶c̶l̶o̶s̶u̶r̶e̶.̶ have just looked again, and I was mistaken. The whole line of characters does illuminate, I was basing this statement on when viewing in very bright, harsh direct sunlight. In any other case, it's fine.

2) There is an intermittent issue with the power switch, in that sometimes the camera LCD display does not come on when the power switch is moved to on, and conversely, sometimes the displays do not switch off when the power switch is turned to off. Reliably however, if with the dark slide inserted (purely so as not to take a frame), one fully depresses the shutter button - to wake the camera up, if you will - and then powers off, it works fine. In the turning on stage, if the LCD does not come on, fully depressing the shutter button with the dark slide in (again, purely so as not to take a frame), the camera wakes and functions fine. I should point out that this may actually be the correct functioning of the camera, but it feels unusual to me, so I'm stating it as an issue again out of full disclosure. I should add that, having just tried switching the camera on and off 20 times, the above did not happen once.

In all other aspects, the camera is fine, the metering is accurate, as is the AF. The film back is fine also. Cosmetically, everything is in tip top condition, however for there is one port cap missing.

The camera comes boxed (the box is somewhat worn) with paper work, body cap and unused strap. The 80mm lens comes with front cap only (and if bought as a kit, will be attached to the camera), and the 105mm-210mm comes with both caps and the hood, but no box.

As a bundle of everything, I'm looking for £800, which will include delivery.
    Or,
    Body + back + 80mm lens, I'd be looking for £500, and the 105-210mm I'd be looking for £380 (Bought for £440 due to it's excellent condition).

Offers will be considered! :)

Images available on request, and any questions, please do ask away!

Cheers!

*Also for sale elsewhere*

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018 at 4:49 PM