Double Dark Slide Light Leak

Ian-Barber

Admin
I have a Fidelity Elite double dark slide and Ive just noticed on this film i've developed what appears to be a light leak at one end.

This happened a few weeks ago from the same holder but I didn't think much of it until just now. The light leak is apparent on the notched end of the film which is confusing me because this is the end which is under the flap. Nothing obvious after inspection at all.

Anyone else experienced this ?.

Ive just ordered another one from eBay but like buying anything second hand, no idea if this one is going to be any different.

Often it's a crack in the slide itself, can be very difficult to spot. I've had to re-tape a few DDS as well but they didn't leak.

Ian

It's possible that this holder is very slightly warped, or that the flap isn't closing fully. A small piece of grit might be there. Both conditions would mean that the holder doesn't sit absolutely flat in the camera. Perhaps the tape is worn enough to let a few photons through, but normally the little ridges and grooves under the flap are enough to prevent this.

Ive just been out and exposed another sheet in the holder to test again. Just waiting for the XTOL to cool down :)

Back