Dahlia Flower

Excellent, Ian. I do like that very gentle fall-off of sharpness.
111/2" or 14"?
Why do we spend all our money on modern lenses?
(You seem to have conquered your scratching problem.)

I spent sometime with some very fine wet n dry removing all the sharp edges from those tabs that run down the side of the SP-445 holder

Last edited:
Tim Layton's work..... not jealous at all..... He has a few youtube videos as well, well worth a look. Nice image, Ian.
Why do we spend all our money on modern lenses?
Wish I could. I blame Intrepid for the rise in cost of camera lenses and film processors. On the plus side, if more and more people are joining the film club, then the suppliers have more reason to continue to supply. Hopefully.

I blame Intrepid for the rise in cost of camera lenses and film processors. On the plus side, if more and more people are joining the film club, then the suppliers have more reason to continue to supply. Hopefully.

IMO, the rise in prices of used film equipment comes down to dwindling supply. It seems that we read of a "resurgence in film", but it's now a niche market. Kodak Alaris continues to have problems and Fuji pretty much dropped out all together. I doubt that film will ever go away, but at what cost? How I fondly remember when a 50 sheet box of 10x8 Tri-X cost $50US! Today, 10 sheets is $100US! Ilford recently raised all their prices; hopefully, they will stay in the game.

Shoot it now while still available. If demand maintains, then I believe someone will certainly fill that need. ;)

Re - Resurgence in film..... I'm in shock. Here's why. I am the grateful owner of a Contax G2 and 4 lenses. They took some acquiring, but I'm over the pain now. I bought the camera and three lenses about 5 years ago, and the last one this year. On entering my local camera shop, I was offered a G2 and some lenses. The camera alone cost more than what I paid for the outfit I initially purchased!!
IMO, the rise in prices of used film equipment comes down to dwindling supply.
Seems to be true.

Back