Buttermere

David,

First off...beautiful image! If you wouldn't mind a couple nit-pick comments and I only mean these in a constructive way:

1. I would crop off a bit of the immediate foreground grassy area bringing the lower-right corner reflection (or whatever that is) more into the corner of the image. This also, coincidentally, causes the upper and lower "Y" sections of the tree to fall on or near the upper and lower thirds area of the frame.

2. I would clone out the small rock just to the left of tree. For whatever reason, my eye jumps immediately to the rock and ruins the nice balance of the water areas left and right of the tree.

Of course, other than the crop you couldn't easily do this in the darkroom.

Anyway, again, I mean no offense...simply expressing how my eye sees this gorgeous image.

Very nice as it is, I wouldn't crop/clone anything. It's quite different to the images I make (which is no bad thing), perhaps a slight burning in of the foreground but only a touch just to even up that brighter middle.

Ian

Last edited:
That’s lovely, beautiful tonal range

Regards
Martin
Thanks Martin

David,

First off...beautiful image! If you wouldn't mind a couple nit-pick comments and I only mean these in a constructive way:

1. I would crop off a bit of the immediate foreground grassy area bringing the lower-right corner reflection (or whatever that is) more into the corner of the image. This also, coincidentally, causes the upper and lower "Y" sections of the tree to fall on or near the upper and lower thirds area of the frame.

2. I would clone out the small rock just to the left of tree. For whatever reason, my eye jumps immediately to the rock and ruins the nice balance of the water areas left and right of the tree.

Of course, other than the crop you couldn't easily do this in the darkroom.

Anyway, again, I mean no offense...simply expressing how my eye sees this gorgeous image.
Thanks Alan. Always like to hear other peoples thoughts and ideas, I appreciate the comments!

Very nice as it is, I wouldn't crop/clone anything. It's quite different to the images I make (which is no bad thing), perhaps a slight burning in of the foreground but only a touch just to even up that brighter middle.

Ian
Thanks Ian, appreciated!

awesome and also technically perfect!
Thanks Martin.

great image. I just simply love trees, especially the solitary ones.

Back