bergger product in UK

HenriLon

Hi,

I'm looking to an easy way to find Bergger products or others to develop my futur film with my Stearman Press - 445 Compact 4x5 Film Processing System.
  • Developer, this set from bergger's website (PMK liquide - 250 mL A + 500 mL B)
  • Stop bath, would you recommend the ILford stop bath, Ilford Ilfostop * 0,5 l Liquide 1+19 9,27 (product is available on Amazon).
  • Fixative liquid, would you recommend the ILford rapid fixer (Ilford Rapid fixer Liquide 1+4/1+9)
  • Wetting agent, from Kodak Photoflo Liquide or Ilford Ilfotol Non Ionic Wetting Agent

Also if you have some website to recommend do not hesitate!

Thank you for your help.
Henri

Welcome to the forum.
I think you'll find that the only critical solution is the developer. For normal purposes, stop baths and fixers are much the same, so It makes sense to buy whatever is convenient. I understand that staining developers need a different fix but others on the forum are better-placed to advise on this.
Let us see some of your pictures when you have them, please.

I would ask, if you are choosing all Ilford for the rest, why you are not using Ilford DD-X as a developer? Unless, that is, you specifically want a staining developer.

But I see that Bergger recommend an alkaline fixer for best effect with that developer.

Lihof & Studio are the UK dealers for Bergger products...

Thank you all for your help on this.
My choice went to a bergger developer solution because my dad is using it and if I have a question we can solve it easily :)

Does your Dad do LF? Would he like to join?
There's a lot of expertise about developers here, if you care to look for older posts.

Does your Dad do LF? Would he like to join?
There's a lot of expertise about developers here, if you care to look for older posts.
He is already a member of this forum and suggested me to join as well back in January ;)

Order most of the products from the Ilfrod website + official UK dealer. I'm almost set for Easter which should be my first trial.

Do you have any recommandation to transport the film holder (loaded).
Would you recommand an isotherm bag sort of?

Thanks

Sealable plastic bags to keep each one clean. There are various kinds of insulated bag made for picnics or lunches and you'll probably be able to find one that's a convenient size. They're much cheaper than anything made for photographers.

Sealable plastic bags to keep each one clean. There are various kinds of insulated bag made for picnics or lunches and you'll probably be able to find one that's a convenient size. They're much cheaper than anything made for photographers.

I agree, seal-able plastic re-usable food bags, then store in a Really Useful Box. I have a few of these 3 litre boxes for my DDS, each one holds 11 or 12 DDS (thickness varies). I put a box in my backpack when I'm out shooting and often have additional spare DDS loaded in a second box in the acr.

Ian

Last edited:
Most B&W film will keep for several years with refrigeration ; both before and after exposure. You could end even up with condensation problems if you try to use chilled film when the weather is warm.

I agree with Joanna, the only B&W films I keep in the refrigerator are Ilford SFX and Delta 3200. On a factory tour some years ago Ilford told us that most issues they see with films is down to freezing/refrigeration and warming too quickly.

Keep films on a ground floor if possible and as close to the floor as possible. When I lived in Turkey it it was typically over the 30ºC from late Spring to Autumn, and rising to just over 40ºC in the hottest spell. I kept my films in a drawer at ground level, along with a spare thermometer etc and it stayed cool no more than 22º-23ºC even on the hottest days.

Ian

I'll follow your advice! :)
and last things what do you recommend to dry the films?

Back