Apo Sironar Digital

Ian Grant

I think ffordes have an Apo Sironar for sale, on second thoughts aand a look it's a Schneider 90mm Apo Digitar.

Ian

David M

Well, VAT keeps our hospitals and schools open. But best of luck in your quest.
What sort of images do you make?

Incamera

Oh no it doesn't! It go's straight to Europe! We, (The UK) do no get to keep, and use it. It goes into th koffers, of the EU! The money to run the Hospitals, and the like, comes from the stoppages, eg: NI, Income Tax, etc, that we all, (Those who work) pay.
The type of Photography, that I shoot, is Landscape/Architecture. Here, is a little tast, of my work. All the best,..Geoff

Attachments

David M

Perhaps it will be prudent not to take this any further on a photography forum.
Interesting set of images. Thank you.

Incamera

OK, fair enough, but I will always respond to all comments.
I sent these shots, as a quick response. I love the look of "Steep Perspective" and have a good few examples of this. Sadly, I cant find them! I think they are in "Light room", somewhere!
Just as a matter of interest, to all. I am at present, fitting a "Focusing Slide" to the back standard, of my Sinar P2, (Which I have just bought, from Ebay) It is to do the same job, as Sinar's, "P-SLR", which has a crazy price, even "Used"! (Nearly £800) I will mount my Canon 6D camera, on this, which will enable me, to have the "Sensor Plane" of the Canon, (as opposed to the "Film Plane" if using film) at the exact position, so as to still use the "Two Point" focusing, of the "Sinar". I have also, just bought, a Sinaron Digital 55mm Lens, which is corrected for use, with "Sensor's". I did, do this before, but just mounted the Canon, on a lens board (Fitted tho the back Standard), but the Sensor plane, was way back, from where it needed to be, so no where near "Good enough"!. Hope that this "Makes sense", to all, but,if anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask!

David M

Will you be showing the modified camera when it’s finished?
I’m wondering why you don’t use film.

Incamera

OK, fair enough, but I will always respond to all comments.
I sent these shots, as a quick response. I love the look of "Steep Perspective" and have a good few examples of this. Sadly, I cant find them! I think they are in "Light room", somewhere!
Just as a matter of interest, to all. I am at present, fitting a "Focusing Slide" to the back standard, of my Sinar P2, (Which I have just bought, from Ebay) It is to do the same job, as Sinar's, "P-SLR", which has a crazy price, even "Used"! (Nearly £800) I will mount my Canon 6D camera, on this, which will enable me, to have the "Sensor Plane" of the Canon, (as opposed to the "Film Plane" if using film) at the exact position, so as to still use the "Two Point" focusing, of the "Sinar". I have also, just bought, a Sinaron Digital 55mm Lens, which is corrected for use, with "Sensor's". I did, do this before, but just mounted the Canon, on a lens board (Fitted tho the back Standard), but the Sensor plane, was way back, from where it needed to be, so no where near "Good enough"!. Hope that this "Makes sense", to all, but,if anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask!
Just realized that I've put this in the wrong place! I will put it in another category.
Use Film?? Just too expensive, and time consuming, (To Dev and print, myself) although I do love the look, and feel, of a real "Print". Nothing compares to it! I will, if asked, show the finished article.

David M

I can see that, but you can get an awful lot of film for £800, although of course you didn't spend so much.
As far as I know, Canon make some excellent tilt-and-shift lenses which would do the same job and be much more manoeuvrable. There may be independent ones too. I'm not familiar with their new or second-hand prices.
Some of us rather like the slow nature of LF film photography.
Apologies if my curiosity is going too far. This approach is new to me.