Another new member

Discussion in 'Say Hello & Introduce Yourself' started by Ian Grant, Dec 19, 2017.

1. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Active Member Registered User

Home Page:
    Not been shooting LF very long :D Started around 1976 with a De Vere Whole plate/Half plate/5x4 Monorail and haven't looked back, I shoot 9x12cm, 5x4, Postcard size Graflex, Half plate, Whole plate, 10x8 and 12x10 oh and 7x5.

Have had a few long telephone conversations with Ian Barber :D so after a few months felt it was time to join.

Basically I only shoot LF although in the last few years I also use various TLRs and a 6x17 camera as well, I guess I've shot less than 5 35mm films in the last decade although that will change (since I bought 2 excellent Praktinas).

I shoot 5x4 mostly hand held when in Greece/Turkey with a Crown or Super Graphic and 3 light weight lenses and get great results. However I prefer to use a tripod but that's not always (rarely) permitted :D Hre in the UK it's always tripod but a Wista although my Super Graphic is getting used more/

In the last few months/year I've acquired first 2 (one in parts) MPP Mk III Micro Technical cameras and more recently a Mk VII with a near mint 150,, f4.5 Xenar.

Don't ask how many LF cameras I own I just don't know, there's the 5x4 Marion Kershaw Soho Reflex, must be a dozen other LF reflex cameras and two dozen Wood/Brass field cameras in the restoration queue - mostly partially restored just needing new bellows :D

Ian

2. Bill Martindale

Bill Martindale Member Registered User

Welcome Ian. Your knowledge and contributions will be really appreciated here.

3. mpirie

mpirie Member Registered User

Welcome to the forum Ian.

Mike

4. Ian-Barber

Ian-Barber Admin Staff Member Registered User

Home Page:
    Welcome Ian, very pleased you have joined

5. Ian Grant

Ian Grant Active Member Registered User

Home Page:
    Thanks for the welcome :D

Should also have said I'm a darkroom worker, I use a De Vere 5108 enlarger (up to 10x8) but also have a Johnsons V45 as well as MF enlargers and scanning/digital printing facilities. My darkroom is part of the Ilford Local Darkroom scheme and has wheel chair access.

I worked for a number of years as a photo/emulsion chemist and bought Hogg Lab Supplies stock of photochemicals when they closed that side of their business.

Ian

6. mono

mono Member Registered User

Welcome to the forum, Ian!

7. Keith Haithwaite

Keith Haithwaite Active Member Registered User

Welcome Ian, nice to see you here.