Acros discontinued

Ian Grant

Very Active Poster
Fuji have announced Acros is being phased out with the last factory shipment being made in October 2018 with some stocks expected to last a year.

This isn't surprising it's been rare to find more than a couple of rolls of 120 on dealers shelves for 10 years now, I'm talking worldwide on travels to Chile, Canada< Italy. Greece etc and when I was living in Turkey, plus here in the UK. In comparison Ilford and Foma films are readily available everywhere I've been plus some Kodak but not as much as you'd expect.

Ian

I had an inclination this might happen when they dropped the 8x10 and 4x5.

They may well have made the last batch of emulsion. Emulsions are made and stored just above freezing and coated when required that might be months later - I've seen Ilford's emulsion store, in fact they supplied me with emulsion for a short spell in the early 1980's.

It wouldn't surprise me if Fuji replaced Acros in the Japanese market, they've hd films made for them by Ilford in the past - their equivalents of XP2 and Delta 3200, and their B&W papers as well.

Ian

FWIW, I checked with my source in Japan and he said that the sheet film is no longer available--he typically buys from Yodobashi--but, 120 roll and 35mm was still readily available; at least, for now. I doubt that whatever stock is out there will last until 10/2019.

Back