1/2 plate dry plates

Irv_b

Hi all
I was wondering if anyone had tried the J Lane dry plate now sold via Analogue Wonderland. I have bought a pack of the half plate size and was going to shoot them either indoors or in the garden once I get a chance. I have bought the ISO 2 rating, some still life would be most likely to be shot, so any hints and tips would be welcome
Cheers Irv

I've not used them , but I'm wondering how you got on .
Did you get around to using any of them yet ?

Hi Irv, Matt Lethbridge is a member on this forum and has recently posted a number of pictures on his Flickr account using the J Lane Dry Plates with an old Houghton Butcher Folding plate camera. He has shown some development times with the images. It would probably be worth contacting him for some tips. I have a few old cameras that I may give them a go with after seeing his results.

Hi Irv, Matt Lethbridge is a member on this forum and has recently posted a number of pictures on his Flickr account using the J Lane Dry Plates with an old Houghton Butcher Folding plate camera. He has shown some development times with the images. It would probably be worth contacting him for some tips. I have a few old cameras that I may give them a go with after seeing his results.
Do you have a link to his Flickr account ?
Just done a search but nothing came up with that name .

Great tips on this link as well:

Last edited:
Hi guys
sorry that I haven't replied before but I have had computer troubles.
Anyhow I did manage to shoot one plate after resolving the light leaks on the wooden plate holders but as you can see it needs some finessing. I shot it on my wood and brass camera with a 300mm aero lens from ebay.
Thanks for the link to Matt's Flikr I will check it out

Attachments

• glass plate.jpg
    glass plate.jpg
    319.7 KB · Views: 18
  • wooden camera (1).jpg
    wooden camera (1).jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 19
  • wooden camera (2).jpg
    wooden camera (2).jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 17
Back